Cargo Cosmetics

venerdì 24 gennaio 2014

2014 Travel bucket list (PART 1)

I got inspired to write this post when i found out earlier today that my region, if you didn't know Italy is divided in 20 regions, was nominated as "best value travel destination for 2014" by the National Geographic and Lonely Planet and that made me feel a little bit proud.
I always get so overwhelmed thinking about how big our world is and how many breathtaking places i am missing the chance to visit. I mean, when a foreigner thinks about visiting Italy the first places that pop into is mind are probably Firenze, Roma, Capri...he would never think about Puglia because he's probably unaware of the existence of such a place and i am afraid the same thing is going to happen to me.
There are so many places i have never been to but it's not just about going somewhere it's about having the time and the finances to be able to really explore and feel the place.
Since i'm still on my second year of university and i don't, yet, swim in gold; the only thing i can do is day dream about where i would like to go this year. So here it is, my very own bucket list for 2014.

Before i start with my bucket list, here's some pictures of my beautiful region. I have not taken these pictures myself but i wanted to share them with you nevertheless.






1) India. 
I am really fascinated by India, the colors, the culture and of course i am in love with the cuisine, even if i can't really said i ate the real thing yet. I've been fancying this trip for a very long time with a friend of mine but our adventurous spirit is not enough; to really be able to go we would need a solid plan and decide which part of the country we would like to visit. It's safe to say i haven't decided yet.

2) United States. East Cost.
I have been in the States only two times before, once for an incredible road trip with my sister and the second time i went to NYC with my brother and dad. We visited Charleston and Savannah, we saw a little bit of Virginia and the state of New York. I was so amazed by the beauty of those southern cities, when us european thing about USA we think about NYC, LA, Miami but never about the south. I am so happy i have been there first, i think Charleston is one of my favorite cities ever. Therefore i would really enjoy exploring the East Cost; i think this is a much more achievable trip for this year then India but you never know.

3) Japan 
I have an high school friend that very bravely moved to Osaka last year and i can't wait to visit him. Every picture he takes in his everyday life is fascinating. I grew up with Manga so the myth of Japan was just as big as the american one for me. I would like to visit Osaka but i would also love to go in the country, somewhere unusual.

4) Irland 
If there's is a country i have visited probably more than my own that England, i have been there every summer for the past 7 years. It where i learned english or at least i tried and i have some of my dearest memories there. But it's such a shame that i have only been to Ireland once and i have only visited Dublin and Belfast. Even if Dublin is a city very near and dear to my heart, i would like to see more and not only because one of my favorite chick flicks ever is the "Leap year" .  I would like to see the cliffs of Moher and Glendalough.

5) France
I know, i live so close to it and yet the only thing i have seen is Paris, shame on me. I would like to have a summer road trip and explore the beauty of France: la Normandie, Marseille and of course les chateaux de la Loire.

I have many more but i don't want to make this post incredibly long.
What are your top 5 destinations? Write them in the comments section down below, i would love to know.






4 commenti: