Cargo Cosmetics

mercoledì 28 novembre 2012

My personal winter wonderland: chapter 2

Since i noticed that you quite liked my first winter wonderland post about my headboard decorations, i decided to write a second one about the other thing i couldn't live without in the winter time. I'm talking about those glorious, amazing smelling, heart warming things that are scented candles. 
Personally, i think they are such huge decoration items and they can instantly turn a banal room into a cozy environment. I prefer food scents such as donut, cupcakes frosting, red velvet cake, warm apple pie... but i also really like spicy ones and coconut water, i don't know why but i just love the smell of coconut water. My top one brand is definitely Slatkin & Co, even if unfortunately i can't get hold of it because it's not sold in Italy. So, sister, if you are reading, SEND ME SOME DAMN CANDLES! ahah just kidding :) 
Therefore, if you are a candle-holic like me or you just want to try one, there are some rules to burn correctly a candle. (weird huh!) 

  1. Before you light your new candle, be sure to trim the wick to one quarter inch. This will keep the flame height at a safe and optimal performance level. If the trim is too long the candle will produce smoke, although, if is too short it won't light up. 
  2. When you light up a new candle ( 400g/ 14. oz) , make sure to let it burn for 2/3 hours so it won't leave the melting mark and you won't waist any wax. 
  3. Some candles smell more than other when they are not burning, if you can't really smell yours when you're buying it, just swipe your finger on it and smell, as the was gets warm from the rubbing it'll start to release the scent. Just don't damage it :P 

I really hope you get into candles just like me, make your room looking nice and festive. Here's some inspirations i personally followed. 
Have a great day :)











 This is my room :)

Make sure to check out my new youtube video :D it's a Black Friday Haul! uiiiiii! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento